City: San Francisco
Citizenship: USA & Australia
Ruby on Rails (Beginner)
I am a professional designer with a background in computer science and genetics. My passion is solving complex problems using elegant designs. I have 2 years of experience working on digital product design for a diverse range of applications.
UX Designer | Cambia, Lens Project | Oct 2014 – Present
UX Design, User Engagement, Testing
- Developed user stories, wrote tutorials, and contributed to design discussions to improve the accessibility of advanced features on the site.
Game Designer & Founder | Thylacine Games | Jun 2012 – Present
Board Game Design, Business Planning, Marketing
- Awarded a $10,000 Business Development Grant from the Innovation ACT Business Planning Competition.
- Raised $23,388 on Kickstarter from 501 backers for our game ‘Dragon Racer’, which is currently on track to reach retail stores in August 2015.
Business Consultant | IBM Australia | Feb 2014 – Oct 2014
Business Analysis, UX Design, Testing
- Worked in a team to design, develop, and deliver 2 major updates to custom web-based enterprise software for the Australian Government.
- Conducted core business analysis and user research for a multi-million dollar system automation project.
- My team was awarded the highest client satisfaction score in the Asia-Pacific Region for Q2 2014.
UX Designer | NICTA, Lens Project | Mar 2013 – Dec 2013
UX Design, Data Analysis, Testing
- Contributed to site design and development over 6 release cycles, synthesizing requirements and voicing user feedback in team meetings.
- Improved user retention by developing a new support center for the site.
- Conducted data analysis for novel research that was published as a scientific paper in Nature Biotechnology (nbt.2755).
Research Assistant | Australian National University | Dec 2012 – Feb 2013
Molecular Biology, Data Analysis, Scientific Writing
- Designed and conducted novel molecular biology research and wrote bioinformatic scripts in Python to analyze epigenetic sequencing data.
Australian National University
Bachelor of Science (Advanced) (Honours) | 2009 – 2012
- First Class Honours in Molecular Biology
- Majors in Genetics and Computer Science
- ANU Science Scholarship
Other University Activities
- Founded Humans vs Zombies at ANU (2009-2011), a club that ran week-long dart tag events on campus, with attendances of over 400 players per game.
- Executive member of the Cross-Disciplinary Student Academy (2010-2012) where I managed the budget, organized a peer-learning lecture series, and co-designed the first IARU Global Cross-Disciplinary Tournament, an event that brought together students from around the world to tackle complex problems.
- Designed and wrote content for a number of wordpress-based community websites including The Synthetic Bestiary and Ace Trainer Australia.